Saturday, April 16, 2011

THE DREADED 'PLATEAU'

As with all stroke patients, and especially in Colin's case, where his progress has been so amazing, it is always frustrating when you feel like your getting 'nowhere fast'.

For the last couple of weeks, Colin has reached the 'dreaded plateau'. We've had a few 'down days' hence the absence from any positive blog updates.

However, Mr Standen is getting back into the swing of things.. literally !! Armed with a golf club and some dodgey bandaging, Colin had the challenge of trying to hit the palm tree with a 9 iron.

Check this out ...



4 comments:

  1. Colin
    Having spent two days last October watching the military operation required to plant the tree, we were suprised to see you trying to knock it down!!!
    Its great to see you back on the blog. Keep swinging!!!
    Suzie, Alan, Alice and Molly xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having spent the last month going to physio every day,the effort he puts in is amazing.He has the admiration of all the members of staff,who themselves are amazing. Colin is my son-in-law,but I like to leave the 'in-law'bit off, because thats how I see it.Everyone who is involved just knows Colin will make a 100% recovery.The advancement in the last month that I have witnessed backs this up.I was also touched by the help and affection by friends of all nationalities,which shows what high esteem they hold Colin in.By the way I couldn't recommend the "hotel", I had to get my own breakfast every day. love Papi&Grandmaxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Colin, I'm just back yesterday from the land of sand and thought I'd check up on you. Good work buddy. You may think you're on a plateau, but if you are, it's way higher than where you were when I left. Keep up the good work - get your breath back and get up the next hill. Best wishes from Dorset shipmate. Jim N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colin, Just wanted to let you know we've not forgotton about you. You are still in our thoughts and we are hoping the recovory is still going well.
    Love Sue, Mick and Hollie Whitehouse. X

    ReplyDelete